Sunday, August 3, 2014

Preparation Includes the Perfect Accessory

I've noticed a number of new sites to purchase modest apparel, tzitizyot, and tichels [fringes and head coverings.]   My every day clothes are holding up fairly well, which includes tzitziyot and tichels.  Through the years, I've made a few skirts for the High Holy Days.  The last one I made was for Sukkot.  It kind of took awhile for me to register a fancy skirt with camping, but I like it.  There is a place in Scripture which mentions a garment of divers colors worn by David's daughter, and the 45th Psalm speaks of dressing for the King.  I made what I think is a beautiful and colorful skirt, added a vividly colored top as well as a contrasting bold silk over blouse.  It may not be everyone's cup o' tea, but the very first time I read about Tamar renting her colorful garment; I realized in Messiah, I've been restored and wear my colors in grateful remembrance of that fact.


Sometimes I can get quite colorful so I don't accessorize a great deal.  Back when I went places daily, I wore a watch, and sometimes earrings or a simple chain necklace; but I'm just not an accessorizing kind of gal.  I'm just too hard on things.  Rings, I like rings, but now that I'm a milk maid, that's not so practical.  I'm sure "the girls" wouldn't appreciate rings on every finger, either.  Yet I digress.  I do enjoy dressing up for the High Holy Days for my King, who is the King of kings.  I'm truly looking forward to a time of gathering and fellowship.

So many are preparing for end time events to unfold.  As it's looking, rather than unfold, it appears civilization in general will simply unravel.   I've given some serious thought as to how I would protect this place from what is prophesied.  I won't!  It will truly take the protection of Adonai to keep it.  I don't even plan to stock up on ammo or think I'll be the winner in a big shoot out.  I do know whatever the circumstances, I'll be alive until my numbered day.  I'm thinking more along the lines of beasts of the field and not buying and selling.  I can hunt and process meat, but how would I handle a hungry predator?  The most interesting thought came to me.  While we're all debating everything from clothing to the pre-trib rapture . . . yes, some are still holding out for that, I realized it truly is time to "get all Biblical!"



The story of David comes to mind, beginning with royal attire, but then came into view from another perspective from several sources, including the Voice of YHWH in my kitchen at my stove.  The Ozarks has more of one particular commodity than Cabela's has bullets.  The Ozarks has rocks, lots and lots of rocks.  The perfect accessory for this princess to "get all Biblical" is a sling shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment