Sunday, July 27, 2014

Walking in Wellness

This last week, I've had a few reminders that I'm no kid anymore.  There's a bit of sadness, in that I apparently missed noticing my "right of passage" but that's okay, because I have noticed something else that is absolutely wonderful!  There have been a few injuries along the way, like a couple of broken ankles, not at the same time, thankfully, my arm broken twice in one year, and the spring the horse stepped on my leg which resulted in several very interesting lessons, but . . .  Since I walked away from mainstream medicine, completely, I had only one bout of being too sick to get out of bed, and I'm sure that was a specifically spiritual because I'd left mainstream medicine.  For three days, I laid in bed with a very high fever, of 104°.  I'd not eaten or drank anything but sips of water through that time.  I could not even drink juice, I felt so bad, when the account of Peter's mother-in-law came to my fever weary spirit.
  
And when Y'hshuwah was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.  And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.  Matthew 8:14-15  I asked Y'hshuwah to touch me, I remember reaching out my hand . . . and the fever left.  I got up and entered into this ministry of healing without sorcery.  I knew I was being led this way, but that day, I also knew if I ever compromised, it would be putting my hand to the plow and turning back.  And Y'hshuwah said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of G-d.  Luke 9:62


There has not been a single day homesteading that I was too sick to do chores!  After leaving mainstream medicine, not a day in which I have been too sick to operate.  There have, as I mentioned a few days in which major injuries were a hurdle, but I still got up, prayed, opened chicken houses, and herded goats.  I will admit, at the onset of a major injury, I didn't separate the kids from the mothers, so I got a few days reprieve from milking, but even with broken bones, I was able to get to the barn and milk after three days.

And as for the written portion of the ministry . . . I've had an injury propped or iced on occasion, but I've always managed to function on the keyboard.   I met a wonderful friend in a discussion about where believers draw the line of going to doctors.  She made the statement, if she had a broken bone . . . I was at that moment able to share, I had just suffered multiple fractures in my arm, earlier in the week and YHWH had gotten me through it.

Recovery from an injury is uncomfortable, regardless, but I know I've been spared surgical repair and pharmaceutical side effects by trusting our Heavenly Father for healing, and as I previously stated, aside from a few injuries, I haven't had a "sick day" in long over a decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment