Monday, November 24, 2014

Q & A

As a princess, I want to conduct myself in a manner befitting my royal status.  I do not want my behavior or words to bring shame upon my Beloved or my Abba.  As the headlines and news feeds are filled with the suggestive subjects and the agenda of perversion, the openness of sexual discussion abounds.  I'm old enough to remember a time when much of what is now general conversation was only mentioned in hushed whispers with few details, and never in mixed company.  I am not backward per se when it comes to sexual discussion, but I do not appreciate coarseness.  I prefer to keep the subject of sexual matters to straight forward fact and function.  

On the other hand, I've never been terribly comfortable in discussing my own feelings on an emotional level when it comes to intimacy.  I find the topic of intimacy to be much more personal than sex.  With same sex marriage in the headlines, and the concept of being transgendered, introduced to elementary aged school children, obviously the subject of sex has gone far beyond fact and function.  Suddenly it seems as if there are no facts, just perverse imaginings that seem to have no end.  There are facts, though!  There are spiritual, emotional, and physical facts that simply cannot be ignored.

I've spent several years in a very non-intimate marriage, on every level . . . That's the old fashioned way of saying we are not soulmates, we don't share interests, we don't talk if we don't have to, and we do not "sleep together."  "Not soulmates," means we do not pray or share religious beliefs and "do not sleep together" is the old fashioned reference to celibacy in a relationship, and in my case, separate bedrooms.  Recently, in a conversation I was asked how I could be so content sharing nothing with my husband.  As I thought about that, I realized I would have to give up being the person Abba has created and called me to be, to be desired by him . . . I've seen the women this man finds attractive, and heard the words that reflect their character.

This thought made me wonder how many other people think they have to embrace something or accept the invasive opinions or belittlement by others to be accepted or wanted.  In all this talk of freedom and individuality, there are many, many expectations of conformity and compliance.  I can honestly say, without any doubt, the fact that I have an intimacy issue or lack does not make me look for another type of relationship.  It simply causes me to give pause and assess my priorities.  A relationship should enhance a person's life and bring out  the best in both, not cause one to give up their identity, dignity, integrity, and priorities to be accepted.  That is not love.

When it's all said and done, giving up one's birth right and identity to be accepted, will prove to have dismal results and returns.  We are not gender assigned at birth.  We are created in the womb with a purpose and a plan, and some of us may not have physical intimacy or desires as has been promoted by society or even religion.  That is no reason to embrace the perversion that is being promoted, or to silence those who live by Scriptural values.  Bakers and photographers have already been targeted by the agenda for their values, and now it's moved on to more reality tv.

Last year Phil Roberson was targeted for his comments, and this year apparently the Duggar's are in the sites of the LGBT agenda.  Although I am not a proponent of the full quiver concept or conception, as the case may be, I do defend the Duggar's rights to say what they choose and live according to their beliefs.  In all honesty, I don't qualify for the one man and one woman for life "marriage photo" on their page, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to have their page.  Many of us are different from what is considered mainstream, but changing mainstream is not the answer.  For all those who question their identity, discovering G-d's Truth is the only answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment