Sunday, November 17, 2013

Living

The other morning, as I prepared for my "Ribbon Cutting" with the local Chamber of Commerce, I felt like a debutante preparing for a cotillion.   It may seem a bit late, but it's not quite been 20 years since I began following Messiah, so regardless of the silver locks, I'm still quite a young princess.  My first book signing, wasn't until I was 40.  The first Shemitah of my homesteading years, I turned 50, and I learned "jubilee" in Scriptural context is more than an anniversary, which it is, but the year of jubilee is also about the opportunity of perpetuity in liberty and freedom.  Jubilee is not just an anniversary to look back, but a new beginning, as well!  My 50th year on the planet was not at all what I expected, but as turns out, it was even better than my expectations.  Yet I digress.  Back to the Ribbon Cutting and my debut.

I am not exactly the image of American beauty and femininity.  I'm far from the image of matronly mainstream, but I have my niche.  YHWH actually created me for just this life and lifestyle, and loves me so much, He's allowed me to know His Name and share it with others.  He also allows me to call Him, Abba, and His Son calls me, chosen.  As I prepared for this event, which may not seem like an event to many, but to a socially awkward individual, this was big!  I am creative and earthy, so I am completely at ease in sharing information about my products.  I truly care about people, but I'm horrible at small talk and terrible in the spotlight.  I am happy to answer questions and share knowledge, but I'm not a teacher.

It seems, I can easily identify myself by what I'm not.  What I've learned and continue to learn as I follow Messiah is, I do have a purpose and I've been blessed with many talents, reasonable intelligence, and much endurance.  This opportunity was exactly what it was supposed to be and I did what Abba intended for me to do.  The Ribbon Cutting was the way to meet people who need to meet Messiah and the way to discover the needs in the community, that have yet to be met.  My cards have Scripture on them, the bars of soap have Scripture on the labels, and the words of the Prophet proclaim, "The Word of YHWH does not return void."

Confirmation once again was presented as to Abba's words when I first answered His call to ministry and He told me to "do what's not being done."  The other day, one of the gentlemen at the Ribbon Cutting shook my hand and said, "This is wonderful for our community, there is nothing like this here!  You milk the goats for the goat milk soap, too, don't you?"  Living His Plan is truly living!




No comments:

Post a Comment