Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Kind of Day!

The Gregorian calendar read Tuesday, August 27, 2013.  The calendar of YHWH, according to various perspectives is varied, as always . . . I believe it was the 21st day of the 6th month.  It was one glorious day.  I had so much to do and it was all so varied, which is right up my alley!  I awoke early to a time of prayer and devotions.  I like to begin the day early with my Heavenly Father.  It is so wonderful to be seeking Him as the day dawns.

I have my little morning ritual regarding my coffee making.  Nobody in their right mind would put up with the way I do it, but like perked coffee, not drip.  So, I have a Corning Ware stove top percolator.  That requires me to pay attention, or clean up my stove top, so I have just the right amount of time to turn the stove on high, brush my teeth and get dressed before it begins to perk.  The sound changes as the first "perk" takes place, then I turn the stove down to low, and head out to do the morning chores.  I realize my quirks are not necessarily noteworthy, but by the same token, we do all have our little routines and uniquenesses, even oddities that are just the way we are.  I love going out the door and talking to the critters.  When they hear the door open, they each express their own morning greeting.  My, I sort of headed down and unexpected tangent, but it was the groundwork for a great day.

As I finished the chores, I noticed some okra was ready, so I picked it and headed into the house.  The day was brimming with activity and opportunity.  I had one peck of beans already snapped in preparation for canning, and several orders for a new product that has been so popular, I already had to make another batch.  Last year when I broke my arm, I developed a great natural topical pain reliever, and folks are liking the product.  The day was looking great!  There were three article ideas bouncing in my head for the next edition of the Goshen Gazette, as well as the need to take some mail to town.

Once the green beans were in jars in the canner, I set the timer and went to the lab to start making the CHINICREEN.  I realize this sounds strange, but I was just so excited to be able to be so busy and so much being accomplished.  It didn't take long to get the product made and the orders filled, so I had a bit of time to begin my articles.  The timer sounded as I was finishing up the titles and topics, so it was time to get ready to go to town.  There was just an air of excitement as to how efficient this day was going and I just knew my steps were ordered by Abba.

I realized how late it was in the month, and I probably wouldn't be out again before the 1st, so I stopped and paid the electric bill.  I'm not fully off grid, but the wind and solar offer a notable reduction.  I am blessed to only have two bills and month and both can be paid locally, so that's efficient as well.   Took the shipping orders to the Post Office, headed to the farm store, and then to what I'd call a Surplus Store on the outskirts of a town in my neighboring state.

Just a fun fact, here.  I had called earlier to find the address of this place and asked where they were from the larger town I'd be in.  He told me seven miles due west across the state line.  I got on 7th Street in one town in one state, went due west, and the street number never changed in the next town or state.  I was in search of pots for the green house for the winter, and found them at a bargain price!

Headed for home, and arrived in time to get a big glass of ice cold water before chore time.  The critters and I enjoyed the evening as always, then I came in, poured a glass of wine, thanked the King of the Universe for such a wonderful day, and sat down to write this article.  It truly was my kind of day!  





No comments:

Post a Comment