Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Plan Went South

Upon leaving Peculiar, we went through Harrisonville to Nevada, where I made a couple of calls to realtors, answering machines, but no return calls.  We made Joplin by evening, checked into a micro-tel and of all things, it had a 24 hour local real estate channel!  I had no idea such a thing even existed!

The following morning I called a realtor who was a "former California guy" now well into middle age, "sort of" working at selling real estate in the Ozarks.  It was a most inefficient and unproductive few hours.  So, after quality time with "jamminjim," the e-mail address on his business card, I headed on down 71 highway to the next major exit, Neosho.

We pulled into the very first real estate office I saw, and a very pushy, very new to the business realtor was ready to sell me half the town . . . She spoke of this and spoke of that and mentioned this and mentioned that.  Now, I do have to admit, I had done a bit of searching on realtor.com after seeing the pillar of fire, so I was already aware that what she was pushing did not fit the description of what I'd seen in the vision the morning before.  Nothing on realtor.com had fit that description, either.  No matter how many times I described the simple facts, I knew, she appeared oblivious or unhearing.  I knew if it wasn't available, I wasn't supposed to seek it, as in coveting, but I still knew it wasn't a regular "on the market" situation.  I had no idea how to go about finding "for sale by owner" in a town in which I wasn't familiar.  Then suddenly, her light came on.

There was a property that had run the end of the contract without selling and the couple had not renewed the contract with the listing broker.  Are you ready, "jamminjim" worked for the company that had listed it, over 6 months prior, and he never even mentioned it.  Suddenly pieces were falling into place.  It was a small acreage with a well and a white house.  I didn't push her for fruit tree details, we simply got in her car and headed out Old Scenic Drive!

Not only did I see the long white home, I saw the most amazing wellhouse I'd ever seen.  In front of the house was not one, but two peach trees!  Aside the driveway sat the a pair of blue birds and it couldn't have been any clearer if the sky had opened up to drop banners and confetti!  This was the place YHWH had brought me to.  Now, to just determine how to buy something that was abandoned and no longer for sale.  The problem was, no contract and this new realtor wasn't going to put out any effort in the possibility of not getting her commission.  An immediate difficulty opened the door to the solution.  This realtor couldn't operate the lock box, and had to call the listing realtor who just happened to be with the same company as  jamminjim.                     . . . to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment