Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Offer

Just like the first time the urge to jump out, hit me, I ignored it and remained in the moving vehicle.  As I attempted to tune out her religious/real estate advice and her rendition of man and wife, I continued to earnestly listen in my heart.  What I heard was wonderful.  I heard, "This battle is not yours . . ."  With that, my mind stopped racing toward a bad direction.  I can't say I was filled with shalom, but I was definitely aware that there was no confusion in my spirit.

I already knew, I had no argument that was convincing.  The larger piece of land was already fenced and the asking price had been reduced.  The asking price was nearly 20% less than the place I believed I was led to.  So, I sat there as the real estate agent and my spouse drew up the contract.  I did get tickled when my husband raised the question about the crops already in the ground on the place.  The garden was maybe 20 X 30, and there was probably a 25 pound onion crop in the ground, with potatoes and green beans coming up as well.  I think I maintained my "poker face" as I considered this even being mentioned.  That seemed like a potential point of contention that may just cause a negative response.  I was then asked to sign and make out an "earnest money" check.  Oh, I cannot tell you how hard that was.  I still remember all the details of that check!  Trusting YHWH was not the difficulty.   Not getting angry at the two people in the room, that my prayers would be hindered; was my problem.

So, with that being done, we got up to leave, I left a card.  She looked at my card, saw the Star of David with a cross.  With my check in her hand, she was now quite concerned about my salvation.  I'd mentioned being in ministry, had specifically asked about internet access, as that was a large portion of my ministry, and now she had concerns about my eternal soul.  When I started to speak, she "dismissed me" and said she'd be in touch when she heard back from the people.

We went to get some lunch and it wasn't long before the phone rang.  The people had returned the contract with a resounding, "NO."  No counter offer, no nothing, just NO!"  My heart leapt for joy!  Then my husband suggested we go back out and see the place again, before we raise the offer.  I could not believe my ears!  With that, I was done, completely finished with any hope of discussion.  It was very clear that everything I had said about the vision before leaving, and the conversation we had on the way, had meant absolutely nothing to him.  Out to Fairview, we headed again.  I truly believed the vision I had seen was from YHWH, but as always in dealing with that man, I struggled against the seed of doubt trying to plant itself in my spirit.  The words, "Oh, Adonai" escaped my lips.  Between the realtor and the husband, I felt invisible and mute; but my Heavenly Father saw me and my Shepherd Y'hshuwah heard my cry.

It was then, that I clearly heard in my spirit, "Say, Can we call the other realtor and just ask what she thinks the other people's bottom dollar is?"  My spouse's response was simple.  He reminded me that the asking price on the other place was 20% more than the asking price on the place he wanted, and we'd already been turned down.  I took that as, no response to my direct question at all, so I asked again.  He always got disgusted with me when I refused to go on a tangent of his non-answer.  The second time, I got an answer.  "Go ahead and call her."  It was one of those "moments" in that, her office phone number just truly did come to mind.  HalleluYah!  She was very informative, in that she could do nothing.  We were legally bound to the realtor that drew up the contract.  She did say, she'd call her people, though; and mention there had been an enquiry.

Less than ten minutes had passed when the first realtor called me.  She said she'd heard from the other realtor about my call and proceeded to explain to me that she was our buying agent in the area.  I can honestly say, without the presence of YHWH in my life, she would have heard quite an earful, as I sped out of her selling area . . .                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment