Sunday, June 9, 2013

An Afternoon With Abba

I know many of my blogs and articles pertain to homesteading.  I really didn't know what I was doing had a trendy name at all until just last year.  Of course, it's not out of the ordinary for me to just be doing what I'm doing and if someone asks, 'What do you call what you're doing?'  I have no trouble at all saying, "I just don't know!"

I get to truly be myself with no one to critique my interests, abilities, or attention span, and I love it.  Today I got to do one of my favorite things.  I got to spend the afternoon in the garden getting dirty!  Not mud puddle dirty, just working and hoeing and planting a bit more; simply enjoying the good, clean dirt!  Of course, I spend my garden time barefoot usually, have my hands in the soil, and thank my Heavenly Father for letting me live in the Land of Goshen.  I am very aware of the significance of a garden.

Humanity was created to tend the garden, the fall of man occurred in the garden, and Y'hshuwah prayed in the garden before he was arrested in that same garden.  I see a very critical connection, and I am so thankful to be redeemed back to the garden.  I'm not trying to sound all pantheistic or "new agey" here, it is a blessed privilege that the Creator of the Universe has allowed me and called me back to the garden.  This whole "go to heaven when you die" schpeel is really not what speaks to me at all.  Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to everlasting life in the presence of YHWH and Y'hshuwah, but my everlasting life has already started.  Everlasting has a start day and that was the day I repented and began to follow Messiah.  He didn't bring me to the garden right away, but I was told to get ready.  For what, I didn't know!  Nearly a decade ago, I saw a pillar of fire and knew that was the direction I'd be heading when He said "move."  Through the week of Unleavened Bread that year, I had a vision that clearly showed the destination, but no address of course.

I called a realtor, had the for sale sign in the yard by afternoon and set out, not knowing where I was going.  My first stop proved unfruitful, and so I continued on, south by southeast.  The road was great, and the trip was already an adventure.  I made a couple of other stops to see what was available, but nothing connected with that vision I'd been shown or the specifics of the Instructions.

My specific details were this.  I had already heard very early in ministry that at some point I would be led to buy land with a well.  The pillar of fire had been south by southeast, just barely east of due south.  The vision shown to me was a long white building, a peach tree, a well and an overgrown landscape.

The next sign I saw on the highway was on that named, Peculiar, as the next exit.  I immediately thought of I Peter 2:9 and that sounded like the destination for this princess.  After all, I am a "peculiar people" . . . but, alas, nothing aligned with what I'd been told and shown.  As I looked at what was available, there was one more thing revealed that I didn't understand at that time.  Wanting something that wasn't offered for sale was coveting, there would be no "name it and claim it" in this deal, and yet there would also be something out of the ordinary in it's availability, so I naturally began to ponder that.  I'm so glad I didn't try to connect my human dots and miss the actual Plan.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 
                                                                                                           . . . to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment