Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Princess Life

As a child of the King, I definitely delight in my life as a princess.  Scripture refers to us as a "peculiar people" and some folks in my circle of influence point that out as well . . . I've been blessed to not have to strive for peculiarity, in that I never caught on to average mainstream, before following Messiah in Torah Covenant.  I truly love the life and service, Father has called me to live.  I do have to take care, however; in that it's easy for me to get too busy and not spend as much time with Father and Messiah as I should . . . Father created us to be human beings, not human doings!  A covenant life in Messiah is not all rainbows and glitter, but  my worst days now, are better than my best days used to be and for that I am very grateful!

I'm blessed to be a country girl princess, so I have a bit more freedom than my urban and suburban dwelling sisters.  Truth be told, town would be a very difficult transition for me, and a big city would be overwhelming.  Growing up in the country, I was just sure there was a city girl longing for the rat race, but that's just not who I was created to be.  When I entered covenant with Father, it wasn't long until I heard . . . "land with a well."  I was single then, and wasn't sure I'd be able to manage, alone, what is now called a "homestead."  As it turns out, I remarried.  Then had not been "farm living" two years when he became disabled, so . . . I learned very quickly "I can do all things through Messiah, who strengthens me."  I also learned I had a Moses temperament that needed check.  For a time I know I sounded like the children of Israel in the wilderness, yet Father forgave me.  And I've grown spiritually to the point, I've been able to let go of my expectations and bringing glory to the Father is more important than speaking my mind.  Yet I digress . . . back to the beauty of being a country princess.

With spring comes the spring arrivals of such cute baby goats.  In a matter of days, they are frolicking.  With the exception of tomato and pepper bedding plants, the garden is in by early March.  I usually spend my birthday barefoot in the garden.  By April there are fresh salads . . . without tomatoes, but the greens and radishes are ready!  Early May brings the most wonderful fragrance wafting in my kitchen window.  You haven't lived until you've smelled the combined fragrances of strawberries ripening and honeysuckle blooming!

In my opinion, the sunrises of spring are the most beautiful of sunrises and autumn sunsets exceed the other seasons.   There is no sound like rain falling on a tin roof, and I still enjoy my rainwater rinses after washing my hair.  The dew often looks like sparkling jewels in the grass and there are a number of rainbows that follow afternoon showers, so in a sense this life can be described as  "rainbows and glitter."

Much of the summer can truly be described as "peaches and cream" and blackberries!  The garden is just a wealth of fresh veggies and the orchard is coming along nicely, not to mention the amount of cream on a gallon of fresh milk from my Jersey cow.  It's such a blessing to watch the jars of veggies increase through the canning season.

With such a mild winter, last year, there has been one down side to my lifestyle as a country princess.  The mosquitoes and ticks have been horrible this year!  What's a princess to do?   First, I'm praying for a winter that is not so tick friendly!  "Pest Rejection" formula from the Land of Goshen and extra Vitamin B-1 has been effective to repel mosquitoes.   The "Pest Rejection" does help against the ticks as well, but it is not 100% effective, so I sip on a nice glass of Chardonnay while picking ticks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment