Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sukkot at 57

I'll admit it, I have an RV that has been my sukkah for a few years now.  This year, it wasn't possible in that it is parked in the same pasture Leroy was staying.  Once he came to understand my promise of Psalm 8, he then wanted to be everywhere I was . . . and I just didn't want the Winnebago door to look like the gate, so I pitched a tent at the edge of the north timber.  I've since learned that there are air mattresses that are actually as far off the ground as a regular bed, but I didn't learn that until Sukkot was over.

As I reclined there on my special pile of a pillow mattress, I remembered the story of "the Princess and the Pea."  Well, I didn't actually remember the entire story, just the part about a pea under a pile of mattresses that caused the tender princess to have a back ache.  This princess had a similar experience, only I'm not so tender.  I was only about 4 inches off the ground and it was not a pea, but Ozark rocks.  There was, however; a bed of straw under a tarp, under the tent floor that was supposed to serve as a cushion.  I'm sure the straw did serve as a cushion, but I'm definitely making other arrangements for next year, ALREADY!

Actually plans are already in the works for next year's Feast of Tabernacles.  This princess is beyond excited!  It looks like a gathering is already being organized to take place here in the Land of Goshen.  As a matter of fact, all I will be expected to do is show them where the fire is to be built and share some insight!  I'm already looking forward to this!  If Messiah returns between now and then, we'll move it from Goshen to  Jerusalem, and that will be even better.

I have to admit, this year I also spent one night on the deck . . . The full moon and stars were amazing.  There is more to my confession.  I could not believe how many times I get up in the night . . . so on some nights, by the third trip into the house to use the facilities, I simply crashed on the living room couch, with the front door open, as the dawn broke!  Sukkoting solo does have it's less than stellar moments!  I am believing next year's plans will gain momentum, making this past one, my last solo Sukkot!


No comments:

Post a Comment