Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Royal Day

An article entitled "rattled," was already started for this week's edition, with a testimony that began with a rattling from my crown to my soles . . . but that is a testimony for "holy homesteading."  I had the most amazing day yesterday and I just have to share it.  The day, as usual began at evening; I was speaking with a pastor before the mid-week prayer meeting.  I love this gathering in particular.  It's an old fashioned prayer meeting with old songs and great testimonies.

I've been ministering in a church in the next state and they have an "expansion" plan.  Abba has been dealing with me regarding that situation and leading me to offer discipleship for new believers and full covenant relationship with all believers.  The Pastor lit up when I approached him on the subject.  He said he'd tried to put together a couple of discipleship teachings through the years, but things just hadn't worked out.  I was very simple, straightforward, and clear.  I said, I would use the Gospel according to John for the discipleship class, as it explained the plan of salvation, all the feasts, and the importance of obedience.  He nodded, smiled, and said, "It sure does.  Let's get this started in October."  Prayer meeting was a blessing and I headed home.

The morning began as always, prayer and contemplation just before the first hint of dawn.  I've been doing some morning stretches and it felt so good, I kept them up until the phone rang.  It was a gentleman who had called me last week, sounding absolutely broken.  His wife was in the hospital, had been for a few days, and the prognosis was quite grim.  She had some chronic health issues, then was given a medication in which there was a serious, near fatal reaction.  He said the doctors hadn't given him much hope and he wanted to know if I'd pray for her.  So, right then, on the phone, I did.  The next day, I checked with him and he said, they had a long way to go, but she'd made a turn and was heading the right direction.  Praise Abba!  I checked in again the following evening, his sons were there and although it was still serious, he was hopeful.  I continued to pray, but not wanting to intrude on family time, didn't call over the weekend . . . Tuesday morning I checked with him and he said, she was much improved, so much so, the kids had gone back home and to work.  He said they thought she'd be released in a week or so and were making arrangements for her to go to a convalescent center for a couple of weeks to regain her strength.  Every time I spoke with him, I'd mention a "thank G-d" or "HalleluYah" in the conversation.  Now, to the call this morning.  He was ecstatic, his beloved wife had come home Wednesday afternoon.  I was overwhelmed with thankfulness and joy.  In one week, that woman had gone from grave condition on a ventilator to home.  Definitely HalleluYah!!!

The next delight took my be complete surprise.  Someone very dear to me, had asked me for a recipe and as I was retrieving it from an old edition of the Goshen Gazette, I thought I'd just check on Amazon for a copy of my cook book and send a copy of "Sweet Memories and Happy Plates" to her as a gift.  Knowing the book was no longer in print, I wasn't sure if there'd be any more copies available.  Much to my surprise, no more new copies are available, but there is a used copy for a crazy price, which has apparently sold, now.

I certainly couldn't afford it . . . I loaned the computer with that book on it, to one of my daughters, who, after a week said the computer was beyond repair, so it truly is out of print.  Here I thought I'd have to be dead before any of my work was considered collectible!

Just as I was reeling from the joy of the phone call and the price of my "collectible" I had an appointment with newspaper ad department in the neighboring state.  I arrived and was met with a hug from a dear acquaintance of days gone by, then met the ad guy.  He's one of those folk whose last name is also a first name, so I awkwardly made acquaintance and we sat down to discuss the ads.  I handed him my card and the look on his face was simply priceless.  It was obvious that he did not know where to begin.  I then produced the catalogue, stating when I began the business in September 2011, it was going to be 8 kinds of soap, and that's ALL!  So we began sorting, as I wanted two separate ads, anyway.  One for the products and one to speak at youth groups, ladies groups, and churches about using our G-d given talents.  As we continued to sort and make notes, we got it all wrapped up pretty nicely, when he suggested I meet one of the reporters, as there's more to my "story" than will fit in an ad.  She was a delight and we have an appointment for Monday . . . I'll share updates as they come in.

As if this were not just an amazing day, we got home to discovering one of the bulls out and the other one sizing up the gap in the fence.  What could have been a real dilemma resulted in amazingly more than I could have asked or imagined.  Mr. B called the neighbor, and they met at the fence.   We were sure to let him know that our big guy was intact, as his herd is beef stock.    We soon discovered there were several weak spots and I was able to distract the one bull while the fence was reinforced.  I had visions of sitting in the back of a pickup with a feed bucket and a big bull following me through the pasture, but our neighbor, bless his heart, had a much better solution.  He said, "I'll just put him in my trailer and unload him at our adjoining gate.  I load and unload hundreds of cattle a day, this is no big deal."  That's precisely what he did.  The fence is now critter tight and Brisket was back home before dark.

All this took place in less than 24 hours!  I'm still in awe and oh so very thankful.
. . . feeling blessed beyond measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment