Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hearing Our King

The last several weeks, perhaps months have been life changing for me.  I've been having the best time of communion with Abba and Messiah in the wee hours of the morning, a.k.a. the middle of the night.  This has changed my pattern of sleep as well as the course of my day.  I don't know how long He will be meeting me, in the mid-night hours, but I'm certainly blessed by this time of prayer.  I'm hearing so much and learning so much about intercession.

Bedtime is now around 9 to 10pm.    Never in my adult life, have I gone to bed anywhere near this early.  I'm wide awake and heading into prayer when the mantle clock strikes 2.  This time with our Heavenly Father and Messiah varies in length and content discussion, but it always covers prayer requests of others and so far it has also involved hearing Them speak.  It's become regular, but hardly ordinary.  One of the first things I heard when this all began around Sukkot was, "It was time to move beyond the written Word."  To be honest, that scared me.  I really questioned if I heard properly, and then even worse, if I was hearing our Creator or another spirit.  It jarred me that drastically!  But it was a "Thus saith Adonai."  It's taken some time to come into a fuller understanding of this.

Through the course of these mid-night prayer meetings, I've been given natural formulas, been given various words for those who have asked, and received a few unusual assignments as well.  I've also received more than one fore-word of a coming event or situation in which I would find myself.  It was through Hanukkah, I was reminded that everything our Creator does and everything Messiah did in just a few short years on earth, has not been recorded.  As a matter of fact, John said the world couldn't contain the books it would take!

For years, I've made the statement, "Everything recorded in Scripture took place without the participants being able to turn the page to see how it turned out!"  Since Hanukkah, Y'hshuwah has reminded me that faith is stepping out beyond what we can see.  We know Moses wasn't as old as Abraham was having children, but we also know what Moses did . . . Elijah didn't bring plagues, but supply increased, at his spoken word and he did raise the dead.  Joseph and Daniel interpreted dreams, and Daniel was kept safe in the lion's den.  Only one apostle is reported to have survived martyrdom, but their lives were spent proclaiming the Good News, healing the sick, and offering deliverance.  They all stepped out in faith, without being able to turn the page and read how it would turn out!

Y'hshuwah said, his followers would do greater things . . . The time is at hand to step out in obedient faith, truly believing.


No comments:

Post a Comment