Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Plan







Sometimes I don't feel very princessesque.  Even worse, sometimes I don't want to feel very princessesque.  Seems this time of year, I want to just kind of snuggle in for the winter in some uniquely layered ensemble and not even leave the place.  I've gotten to enjoy two winters, not consecutively, of doing what I call wribernating.  Since humans can't actually hibernate, I enjoy doing the next best thing.  I love to snuggle in next to the fire, drink coffee all day and write, thus wri/bernate.



There isn't really a very long winter season in my neck o' the woods.  Still not frost yet, in late October and the planting season officially begins February 14th.  So at most, there's only about 3 1/2 months, I'm not tending a garden, and usually the kids start arriving mid January.  Through my short winter hiatus I, of course, do chores, spend time with Abba, and maintain my online responsibilities, but coming very soon is the season in which I just enjoy a less than casual appearance that is not really fit for polite society.

When I see the photos of the northern states, I realize this could be why YHWH didn't call me there.  When I knew He was calling me to relocate, at first I didn't know if it was Montana or Southern Missouri.  He very quickly made sure I understood, north was not the intended direction.  When I read some of the comments of the other contributors who are up north, I just shake my head and snuggle in a bit further.  I have not driven in snow since 2004!  I'm not bragging or complaining, just very, very thankful.

Since living agriculturally, winter for me has a time of introspection and planning implementation.  The longer I serve YHWH, the more I've come to realize the original plan is not mine, but His.  He does, however; expect me to use the gifts and talents He placed in me to bring the plan to fruition.  I spent this past Shabbat alone in very restful contemplation.  I thanked my Heavenly Father for many things, and I communed with Y'hshuwah, but it's their day off too!  I just felt I didn't need to be too chatty and I didn't need any reassurance that I belonged to Him.  It really was an interesting day of rest.

Next spring will be a very important planting season, in that it is "preparation year."   I had no idea what I was doing last Shemitah, agriculturally speaking, and there was the usual debate about which year it was, but this time, I'm not entertaining the confusion.  I feel I've been preparing for this preparation year since I moved from the smaller place to this one.  My heart's desire is to simply be where my Abba wants me in His plan, even if that means snowed in til March or no wribernating at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment