Sunday, August 18, 2013

Answered Prayer

I waited for an answer to a specific prayer for two years.  I didn't take it before the Throne every day, it was simply a request for an opportunity.  It was nothing earth shattering.   Really, most would probably believe it to be very insignificant, but it was something that was important to me and even though I didn't ask repeatedly, YHWH answered it with a very unexpected opportunity!

A couple of years ago, an acquaintance was looking to rent a tiller or use one.  I volunteered to loan him mine, but it came with a condition.  He could borrow my tiller.  I'd fill it up before he left and send a gas can with it, but rather than replace the gas, I'd prefer that he just paid me for the gallon or whatever he used.  He knew immediately why I requested that.  The gasoline in our state all contains ethanol and it wreaks havoc with small engines and the rubber hoses.  I buy my gasoline on the reservation.  My people know corn was created to be food . . .

He came and got the tiller, per our agreement.  When he returned it, he offered me too much money.  I said that was too much and I didn't have any change.  He said keep it, he didn't have anything smaller.  So, that was how it went.  Then, sadly, our region experienced some drought and when I asked about his garden, he used the adjective "epic" in front of the word fail!  It was at that point, I really sought YHWH.  The money wasn't a huge sum, but I felt bad and told Abba, I felt bad.  I asked for an opportunity to "make things right."

Considering it all started over a garden idea, as I posted photos of garden produce, I offered to share the excess with folks nearby, but no takers.  He and I even chatted a time or two about he "just might" check with me through "such and such" season, but in two years, he didn't.  We'd inadvertently run into each other once in awhile in town, but no opportunities ever presented themselves, and although I didn't voice the prayer repeatedly, YHWH saw that it stirred in me every time I ran into this gentleman.

Glory HalleluYah!  The opportunity came.  There was a post that someone was looking for farm fresh eggs, I commented that I knew where there were free range hens that didn't eat GMO grain and gave a price.  The next thing I read was a comment from my tiller friend.  He asked, where, and I responded, my place.  He said, he should have remembered.  So with that we made some tentative plans for him to purchase eggs.

Now, here's where it really gets good.  I realized I was going to be in town before the week-end, so I mentioned to him, I could bring them by, if he liked.  I put them in a cooler, took care of business and when I got there with two dozen eggs, he of course reached for his wallet.  I've noticed that about men.  Their arms go opposite directions, in a transaction.  With one arm they reach toward the item and with the other toward their back pocket.

It was then that I said, no charge.  He began to rebuff, but then I told him, "I prayed for the opportunity to give him 'his change' from the gasoline and this was the answer to my prayer."  He accepted that and thanked me, and shared the circumstances with others.  Considering the fact that money has no eternal value and no one had been wronged in the situation; yet He still answered my prayer, clearly tells me He truly is concerned with every detail of our lives.

I just love being the daughter of The King of the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment