Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Oasis, for a Time

I was so excited to be officially moving!  The terms were arranged and the closing date was set for June 1st.  I headed back on Preparation Day, with even more than Sabbath for which to prepare.  The downside was, we owned four pieces of property that needed to be sold and had owner financed two others.  So, as well as packing to move, there was some serious real estate that needed to move as well.  Although, I now refer to it as the down side, it really wasn't at the time, it was just a matter of seeing what YHWH had planned for tying up the loose ends.  I did need to start packing, though!

I have to admit, I was still wondering if my husband was staying or going, as every time the packing began, he just disappeared to one of the other properties.  The realtors were very quiet, as in very few enquiries.  The month was moving right along, as I was preparing for the deal.  With a holiday at the end of the month, I was so glad to have the extra day . . . then the realtor called.  By the enthusiasm in her voice, I knew whatever the news would be a new hurdle in my progress.  Sure enough, 'she knew how excited we were to close this deal, so she'd taken the opportunity to move it up a day.'  Don't you just love it when people who are clueless make decisions for everyone?  Whoops, that sounds like Congress!

I hadn't told anyone but the realtors with the listings of my plans.  Before leaving for this trek, I'd heard from YHWH that a family member had a problem that was about to be made known, so I hadn't mentioned anything to anyone about this new adventure.  I just kept my nose to the grindstone as there was a lot to get done, by the end of the month.

With the extra day no longer on the table, that meant, YHWH's plan was unfolding differently than I expected.  It was easy to just accept the changes as being truly part of the plan!  With that, I continued on in determining what I'd keep, what I'd sell, and what I'd give away.  All in all, when it was all said and done, one box of books was never accounted for.

There were two CDs that matured toward the end of the month and I knew it would take the hand of YHWH to have that cash without penalty and be at the other end of the state with a Cashier's Check in hand, by early afternoon, the last day of May.  I'm not one to talk about money as blessing very often, but this truly was the hand of YHWH.   The date of maturity on one CD ended up falling on Shabbat, before the Monday holiday, which would have left all the financial arrangements to begin Tuesday morning after 9, with a closing at time of 2:30, over 225 miles away.  I'll admit that made me just a tad nervous for a minute.  Then I set the "fear" aside and asked YHWH what He wanted me to do.  So simple.  He reminded me that the banking day changed at 2 in the afternoon, call and ask if it would be possible . . .

Well, of course, was the response and she wanted to hear all about the big move!  They'd see me Friday afternoon.  Following that conversation, the phone rang.  The realtor wanted to show the properties, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment