Monday, July 22, 2013

On My Way

I believe our testimonies should be ongoing.  I never enjoyed those, "I remember 25 years ago . . ."  Those testimonies are precious, but we need allow YHWH to provide His people with as many current events as the will of man and love of money is coming up with.  With that being said, I have to share the next portion of the move with a qualifying statement.  With less than 50 miles to go, to complete the entire transaction, cashier's check in hand, I very clearly saw a pillar of cloud.  It was almost due south, just a tad to the west.

Immediately, doubt flooded my mind.  I wasn't doubting G-d, oh no!  I began to entertain the idea that I'd "jumped the gun" and made a wrong decision.  Seriously, after everything that had gone so right, and so blessed, I began to wonder if I'd made a mistake.  I've mentioned before, just how insecure and unsure of myself, I am.  Allowing myself to receive victory to overcome my own inferiority complex and lack of confidence has been quite a journey of surrender for me.  So, here I am in the passenger seat, pointing out the pillar of cloud to my husband.  Just like with the pillar of fire, he had some "explanation" that simply held no logic, so I didn't pursue the conversation any further.

It was then that the reality truly began to kick in for me.  My life was not based upon my confidence in me or in any longer taking the blame, automatically.  I simply spoke to YHWH and stated, if I've missed something or gotten out of order, please stop the direction and momentum.  I don't care what I lose financially, or in a relationship.  I had been praying every step of the way, and truly believe this to have been ordered by my Creator.  Such a peace washed over me.  I remembered a preacher friend of mine, saying, "G-d didn't bring you this far to drop you now."

Little did I realize at the time, even with naming the place EinGedi, which was an oasis, not a destination, that this would be a place of refreshment and further preparation . . .  I had so much to learn, and in His mercy, He was going to allow me a few baby steps.

Now there are homestead blogs all over the internet and Torah Observant groups, but frequently those two don't overlap greatly.  Eight years ago, I didn't have an understanding about milking around resting on Sabbath and the difference between gardens and fields.  I didn't know how to make agrarian offerings, and how to count the herds and flocks as to which ones belong to YHWH.  Oh, I'd read it, but I can attest to this fact. I soon discovered, not only did I need to read and re-read, Torah, I'd still have to consult the Author and need the power of His Great Spirit in the accomplishment of the practical app.  Y'hshuwah gave many agricultural parables, but I had a lot of questions.

I'm so thankful He allowed me to start out small . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment