Sunday, April 14, 2013

Just Right . . .

As the wind mill circled lazily overhead, in the intermittent morning breeze, I embraced the beauty of a spring Sabbath morning. I was enjoying the goats, the chickens, and just the ease of the morning. On Shabbat, everything is minimal. I just make sure everyone has water, open a few doors and talk to YHWH and all the critters as I go. A fun little thought came to me as I approached the chicken house. As everything was just going so smoothly, and was "just right," I felt myself smile as I remembered the story of Goldi-locks. Now, here I am "Silver-locks" and I'm not trying out other's breakfasts, other's chairs, or other's beds. My very own stuff is "just right!" My very own life is a good place to be. I am under the covering of YHWH and in HIS plan.

Is my life perfect? Of course not, I'm in it! I can honestly say, however; there is not one material thing I lack. Oh, I'd like to have some things different, like people I love to be happy, and more people to love our Creator, and more people to know the truth of Scripture, and I'd like to share what I have with a lot of people I don't think I've even met yet! There are things I've envisioned that I'd like to see come to fruition very soon, but those are not things in my control. Meanwhile, I'm truly content.

As I continued to walk around the place this morning and enjoy the warmth and beauty of the day, I just really couldn't contain my feelings of gratitude. I'm a long way from where I used to be and for that I'm so grateful. I thought again of Goldi-locks and compared it to days gone by. I remember so many situations in which it was too "something" and not just right and how I continued to search, thinking I would find it. I kept looking and although I wasn't expecting to just step into everything "just right," I sure thought I could make things just right, from the outside. I'm sure many people can relate. Just a little more income, just a little more decorating, just a little more this, a little more that and then . . . it will be "just right." But it never was. I was simply wrong, over and over and over again. Try as I might, I could not find or make everything to be "just right."

In life, "just right" has to come from within and from above, and just "right will" never be enjoyed or achieved while focused on pleasing malcontents. Think of the bears in the story of Goldi-locks. she messed up everything they had. She used it just long enough to decide it didn't suit her, and if she did like it she just inveded it!

I spent the morning just truly realizing how very content I am in the purpose and plan YHWH has ordained for my life. It's a strange thought to consider how long our "free will" keeps us from His perfect will and how quickly life falls into place when we choose to use our "free will" to seek His perfect will . . . He is so good! He is so patient and merciful. He certainly didn't owe this to me.

I also realized this morning, as current events raise to a level of chaos never before seen, we don't know what will happen. I know, we aren't promised tomorrow, but my thought was more along the lines of what if there are several years that just aren't as easy or enjoyable as these have been? It gave me a new perspective of the minor annoyances in life right now. Considering the wonderful gift of this opportunity I've been given, and I don't know what tomorrow holds, I choose to use my "free will" to appreciate what I have and to be content. I choose to use my "free will" to not focus on the things that are just "too this or that." When life is ordained of YHWH, nothing is too hard, and in Y'hshuwah there is no shifting sand or sinking mire. I am very grateful to my G-d and to His Son, for a life that is more than "just right."




No comments:

Post a Comment