Friday, August 14, 2015

Prayed Up

Have you ever realized in dealing with someone, that you just weren't "prayed up" enough for the task?  I addressed rejection in the article for Preservation, but sometimes folks don't reject and just go away.  And sometimes folks aren't rejecting at all, they are simply in need, and sometimes they are exhausting.  It sounds like my social life has been difficult this week, but it hasn't, not at all.  Perhaps, I'm finally at peace with some of the old struggles and ready to address them outside of my own head and heart.

Being "prayed up" is definitely the answer to life, be it in good times or bad.  As a matter of fact, according to Scripture, it's often the good times that take our focus away from time with our Heavenly Father.  I remember a conversation with one of my daughters years ago, in which she informed me, she didn't have a real interactive relationship with G-d, didn't want to bother Him much so she just prayed when she had problems.  I told her, He likes to hear from us, so if problems are what motivates us to pray, we should expect problems in our life.  Now, in retrospect I should feel honored in that she basically has the same relationship with me.  I hear from her when there's a problem . . . yet I digress.

I've been coming into a fuller understanding about being "prayed up."  I used to feel that I had to be prayed up to "deal" with some folks, and I did!  But I knew Abba had a bigger plan for me than that and a greater purpose.  I want folks to be blessed in being around me and I want to be able to reach out in the Name of Y'hshuwah in the power of YHWH to offer healing and deliverance.  I want what happened in Scripture to happen now!  And I want to be a part of being used in that happening.  I've also come to realize there is a change of direction in my focus now, regarding being "prayed up."  I want to be so intune with Abba, I feel His heartbeat for His child in need.

Those are easier words to say, than discipline to enact.  When this began, and it's been some time in the maturing . . . not there yet, but it began with me giving up my prayer agenda . . . To feel our Father's heartbeat, we have to be "on the same page," and He's not moving to our page.  We have to come to Him, fully without reservation.  We cannot be emptied out, while we still have our "wish list."  Our only desire must be for Him and His Will.  Even in my desire to be used by Him, I cannot have a preconceived notion as to what the results should be.  I can ask for the healings of others and speak deliverance for those who are in bondage, but it is by His power and His alone that comes.

There is no place for my idea of what would be best for someone when it comes to asking for Abba's touch. Sometimes it may seem that someone needs healing, but they actually need deliverance, or simply to stand the test before they see results.  I prefer to have things happen NOW!  Abba sees what all needs to happen before we get to what I see as the end results.  Being "prayed up" has brought new meaning to walking in His confidence as well!  Thankfully, since I had zero self-confidence that has not been a matter of confusion.  If I have any confidence at all, it is in Him.

"Prayed up" now means emptied out . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment