Sunday, February 15, 2015

What Am I Missing?

Am I missing something in this latest "gender identity" issue, or am I calloused?  My opinion is; my gender identity is not based upon who identifies with me, or even if I identify with stereotypical mainstream.  I am what and who I was created to be!  I am female, and although I am my father's daughter and I'm not perfect, I was born into the right body, while my brain and emotions understand and embrace my uniqueness!  I truly believe what I am missing is the confusion that is being introduced.  I read a blog in which a pregnant mother proclaims that she asked her son and daughter, 6 and 3 respectively, what they hoped the new baby would be.  She wrote, they conferred, giggled, then announced they'd like a transgendered sibling . . . since there was already a  boy and a girl.  So, have we gotten to the point in society that the only people who can verbally recognize only two genders are those who are embracing the list of "potential variables?"

 I am truly saddened when I see all this programming and recruiting taking place now, as I remember my childhood a half century ago.  We had the privilege of knowing who and what we were, by simple anatomical identification.  Regardless of rope climbing, creek wading, and scrub baseball, I, like Elly Mae Clampett, knew I was a girl.  As it turns out, and stands to this day, male genitalia is not required to enjoy outdoor activities and sports.  Also confirmed is the fact that one need not identify with a specific community to enjoy non-stereotypical interests.

As a young child, my mother continuously harped at Daddy, that he was encouraging me to be a tomboy.  Truth be told, it was her harping, haranguing, and micromanaging that encouraged me to stay out of the house . . . but that's a topic for another day.  I identified with Daddy in a number of areas, and see no reason whatsoever that these interests must  be in accordance with a specific gender or reproductive anatomy.  I was a tiny little girl in hunting photos.  Before I could ride a bike, I remember driving my home made go-cart, designed and built by Daddy, Grandpa, and Uncle Earl.  As a middle aged adult woman, I jokingly refer to myself as "the unson" of the family.  As I wrote that last sentence, I may have discovered exactly what it is that I'm missing.  Perhaps, it's the programming that one needs to "belong" that is making so many young people so vulnerable to this aggressive agenda.  Many just long to have a place to belong, to be a part of something and to share an identity.  I accepted my exclusion early on, and it has simply been a part of my identity as well, but there was no pushy agenda trying to recruit me . . . or perhaps the LGBT community didn't want me either.  LOL.

My mother says we just don't see anything the same.  My sister hasn't spoken to me in years.  One of my daughters and one of my nieces has blocked me and unfriended me on social media and not quietly, I might add.  One of my granddaughters has followed the lead of her mother but recently refriended me to what feels like stalking my facebook wall and trolling my posts.  Many church ladies have their panties in a twist and in real time avoided me, in social media; unfriend me,  yet I've not been unfriendly to them.  I do not back down from my convictions, and those convictions now include the revelation that rejection of a person may indeed drive them to a more accepting group.  For me, that's been fine as I've simply never minded being the only woman in a group of male friends or at the worksite.  

I've always had male friends.  Straight men don't have so many emotional rules in getting along, so it's been quite comfortable for me to be a sort of non-sexual woman.  My womanhood has not been challenged or questioned by myself or my peers.   What I'm seeing here, though, is the possibility that the introduction of acceptance and the early programming by this agenda may be the catalyst to so many young people being "gender variant" as the blogging pregnant mom referenced in regard to one of her 3 year old's friends in preschool or daycare.  That leads me to the next "what am I missing?"

Many day cares do receive federal funding and of course, the head start program is a government program . . .  Although I do know some folks of my generation who identify gay or lesbian, and we can certainly read about old guys at this late stage in life, deciding they'd like to have long hair and firm breasts, but it wasn't programmed and they weren't recruited as three year olds.  I simply can't help but believe, what was missing 50 years ago is the early programming.  The agenda of gender confusion had not yet been implemented and introduced.  The "diagnosis" of homosexuality was entirely removed from the third edition of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) in 1986, but gender dysphoria was added to the fifth edition in it's own category, as an issue for children. 

Since that time, the agenda and recruitment has gained momentum, exponentially.    



No comments:

Post a Comment