Sunday, June 1, 2014

Freely Given, Freely Give

I've always struggled in pricing my books.  There is a spiritual reality as well as a practical reality that I know meet at the proper point, but finding that is not always easy.  Since I am a servant of YHWH, the words I write, I believe are directed by Him.  That's what I've asked.  I'm not saying my writing is divinely inspired on a Biblical level . . . I'm saying I am writing to bring Him glory and hopefully help others receive clarity, confirmation or warning.

Books, words on paper, actually do cost money to make.  Book sellers will not carry or promote free books because book sellers have to sell books to stay in business.  Now that there are e-books and internet information, the book sales game has new rules, but YHWH does not.  I value the printed word, because in this digital world of technology, revision is always a factor and a possibility.  I was feeling the leading to write another contained project, specifically my testimony, but book ideas just weren't coming together.  There were several factors hindering the first step.

First and foremost, my life before coming to Messiah was very, very messy.  I still have my moments, but my life took a 180 change of direction when I repented and began to earnestly seek YHWH.  I'm not proud of my past, but it is what I was saved from, and I will share that, but my past also includes other people . . . Most of whom do not share my beliefs, so there was trepidation as to how to be transparent in my testimony without airing "dirty laundry."  Then there was the fact that I'm still alive and my testimony is ongoing, at least it should be!  The third consideration was one of pricing.

In this age of free digital access, it suddenly seemed a no brainer.  YHWH led me to purchase a computer for this ministry and it seems every year since He's continued to lead me to project expansion and outreach.  The books I've written that contain researched facts, I want in print, but my testimony is my testimony; digital history and technology won't change what YHWH did in my life.  I've truly enjoyed editing the Goshen Gazette and intend to continue to do that as long as YHWH wills me to do so.   My testimony is truly about what I've been freely given, so rather than a book, through a new website; I will be freely giving, by way of new website and blog.  I'm still working on the details, but it is live.






www.loosedwoman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment