Sunday, April 27, 2014

Answered Prayer

The day following the last Holy Day of Feast of Matzo began with answered prayers and the fulfillment of a perpetual desire of my heart, all before my third cup of coffee.

I hesitated to give the details of the first situation, and tried to find a discreet way to present it, but the fact is what it is and it is imperative, so here goes.  I think most of us awaken with a rather full bladder and the first stop is to alleviate that fact.  Just as I sat down and began to "go" a spider "jumped out of nowhere" and began to run.  As you know, I live in the country, and brown recluses are fairly common.  I couldn't see if that's what it was, but I knew I didn't want it to leave the bathroom alive!

As I couldn't exactly stop what I was doing and it had so quickly run toward the bathroom door, I prayed.  I asked YHWH to please just make the spider stop.  I kid you not, I had no sooner spoken that request, the spider who had run a good 5-6 feet in that very short span of time, stopped suddenly three feet from the door and didn't move . . . You might say he stopped dead in his tracks.  That spider never moved again.  I was able to take care of it and although I didn't identify the species, there was no indication it was of the helpful variety.  Prayer of thanksgiving for the answered prayer!

All of the garden is not yet planted, but some of it is and needs regular watering to sprout and grow.  Have you ever noticed that a small gentle rain is so much more effective than the hose or watering can?  So, in my late night prayer time, I mentioned to our Heavenly Father that His watering is so much better than mine and so much more effective.  There was a soft gentle rain falling as I enjoyed my early morning devotions and coffee.  More prayer of thanksgiving!

A rainwater rinse after washing my hair is just wonderful, and choring in a the spring rain is a blessing beyond description.  I don't ask Abba for them, so much, He just knows I love them.  Washing my hair was already on the agenda for the day, so I headed out after my devotions to a glorious morning of chores in the rain.  More prayer of thanksgiving, but when I got out of the shower with my freshly washed hair, the rain had stopped.  I was already grateful for so much that morning, I didn't give it any more thought.  I combed out my hair and got busy on the Goshen Gazette.  In less than thirty minutes, I heard raindrops falling on the skylight!  Out the back door I went, praising Him with thanksgiving.

He truly does inhabit the praise of His people!

No comments:

Post a Comment